Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wildfire Almost Finished


I went out to the West Desert today, it was very smokey from all the fires. Everything was muted and hazy. I was struck by the beautiful colors and might do something in the future inspired by those colors. I also was struck by the stark beauty of the Oquirrh Mountains as seen from the west side. I usually see the Oquirrhs from the east and they are always an indistinct brown color from my vantage point. But from the west, they were deep yellow from the dry grass with beautiful hues of brown. It's another project waiting to happen. Here is a picture of the Oquirrhs from Salt Lake.



In the meantime, I am almost done with the Wildfire Smoke Ring. All I need to do is block it and write up the pattern. I am still unsure about the orange and black together but I will wait to pass judgment until it is finished.



No comments:

Post a Comment